Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INTERNATIONAL OIL & GAS COMPANY WITH GLOBAL E&P ASSETS
Position: Senior Company Lawyer
An International Oil & Gas Company is seeking to resource a Senior Company Lawyer who will be assigned to Kuwait on a permanent residential expatriate family status contract.
This is regarded as a key role within our client's Organisation.
Summary of Role
- Provide legal advice on all aspects of the Company's activities; contribute to negotiation and drafting of agreements related to the Company's involvement in the international petroleum industry and its business affairs generally;
- Provide advice on all aspects of international petroleum law and other legal issues relating to the Company's operations;
- Provide general advice to Senior Management on the legal effects and practical consequences of possible or intended courses of action;
- Preview and draft changes to legal documents, ordinances, resolutions, contract, memorandums, etc.;
- Provide advice on draft and negotiate as necessary the full range of international petroleum agreements and other business agreements related to the Company's operations (e.g. employment agreements and IS agreements);
- Undertake legal research and provide advice to seniors on issues to conflict of interest, international claims, etc., to avoid disputes and minimize litigation;
- Maintain good working relationships with respective government ministries and co-ventures;
- Represent the Company as required at relevant committee meetings;
- If also nominated as Company Board Secretary, provide company secretarial advice;
Qualifications / Experience / Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in law (or equivalent) together with a professional legal qualification (e.g. Solicitor, Barrister, Juris Doctor);
- Minimum 15 years post-graduate experience as a lawyer, out of which a few years should have been spent in the Oil & Gas Upstream Sector;
- Conversant with International Oil & Gas law;
- Experience of making representation on behalf of the Company at partner or governmental meetings;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
The appointee with be invited to join the permanent expatriate staff residential payroll on married / single status contract. It is not possible to negotiate a rotational assignment.
Competitive salary and expatriate benefits package + generous bonus scheme and, where applicable, child education assistance.
Interviews: As soon as possible with candidate selection shortly taking place.