Company: Saudi Aramco
Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Saudi Aramco, a global leader in the energy industry, is seeking experienced professionals to join our growing Chemicals Business Organization. We have an immediate requirement for an experienced Polypropylene Technology Specialist that possesses the demonstrated ability to:
• Leverage strong technical capabilities and broad knowledge of a wide range of gas-phase, slurry, or metallocene Polypropylene technologies offered by various licensors (i.e Spheripol®, Spherizone®, Borstar®, UNIPOL®, and so on).
• Act as lead technical consultant in comparing, ranking, and recommending the best technical fit process available from PP licensors to serve target market and product strategies.
• Provide expert consulting on global PP operations or major capital planning activities and liaise with business teams and technical service engineers as needed.
• Support to the Company's existing and future Polypropylene technology lines, perform due diligence activities in the evaluations and assessments of operational facilities.
• Provide technical support to the Company's chemical operations, evaluate new project opportunities, and benchmark the Company's Polypropylene capabilities and assets.
• Consult on potential mergers and acquisition due diligence by advising on the condition, technical capabilities, and potential of existing assets.
• Act as independent technical advisor for R&D or Product Application work to ensure that leading edge development of PP innovations will support the creation and defense of sustainable market advantage.
• Guide the long-range development of high potential engineers through navigated work experiences and knowledge sharing, so they emerge as future PP technology leaders.
Candidates must have good communication skills and be comfortable working independently and effectively with cross-department teams and through vertical organizational levels. Candidates will be the Company's technical representative in the Polypropylene business.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
•Bachelor in Chemical Engineering or a closely related field with MS preferred. PhD is a plus.
•Minimum of 20 years of experience in the petrochemical industry with a minimum of 12 years in Polypropylene manufacturing, technical support and Polypropylene technology management.
•Strong knowledge of technical capabilities of major Polypropylene processes, including product quality and improvements.
•Current with emerging Polypropylene technologies and able to champion the successful development of improved polymerization and processing techniques.
•Previous leadership position in Polypropylene manufacturing and technology management is highly essential.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
•Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and networking skills.
•A demonstrated ability to interface effectively with internal engineering, R&D and technical service groups.
•Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
•Passion for mentorship and knowledge sharing to support the development of promising young engineers.
Saudi Aramco's position as the world's leading energy producer offers unique opportunities for downstream integration and development the Chemicals business. Consider the opportunity to join our team and help shape the future of the chemicals industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will work to evaluate and select the best technical solution for our polypropylene technologies. This role will also have the successful candidate provide technical support to the company's chemical operations, and provide support to new projects in their development and design. The candidate will also work to benchmark the company's polypropylene technologies operations and assets to ensure best practices are adopted.
Saudi Aramco's Refining, Marketing & International (RM&I) business line is responsible for the Company's downstream operations: refining, distribution and marketing. RM&I oversees the operations of the Company's wholly owned refineries and NGL (natural gas liquids) fractionation plants. The business line is also responsible for the Company's large integrated distribution system that encompasses pipelines, bulk plants and marine terminals. Saudi Aramco's wholly-owned shipping subsidiary, Vela International Marine Limited, operates one of the world's largest fleets of supertankers. RM&I coordinates the Company's crude oil and refined products sales and marketing activities, in the Kingdom and in the Far East, Europe and the United States. RM&I also directs the Company's domestic and international joint and equity ventures in refining and marketing. Recently, the Company has moved further downstream by integrating petrochemical production with its Rabigh refinery in a project with an international partner and by entering into a similar venture in China. Additional integrated refining and petrochemical ventures are under study.