Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Scientist / Geologist to support our growing environmental assessment and remediation practice in the North Florida Region. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm comprised of 55,000 team members located in every corner of the globe. Our North Florida region has nearly 200 employees with offices in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Pensacola and Jacksonville. ·
- The position is approximately 75% field work and 25% office work on a variety of assessment and remediation projects
- Field activities include installing and Jogging soil borings, oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations,
- collection of soil, groundwater, vapor, sediment and surface water samples, and aquifer testing, as well as documenting field activities
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of field results and the preparation of soil boring logs, monitoring well installation logs, geologic cross sections and summary reports under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Approximately 50% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Environmental Science/Geology, Hydrogeology discipline from an accredited college or university
- 2 to 5 years of environmental experience, with knowledge of FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program (PRP) and
- Hazardous Waste Program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) a plus
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently, under general supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours as required; May include weekend work
- Must pass drug test, physical and background check and possess a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred
Will be routinely lifting equipment, installing soil borings with hand augers, and carrying laboratory sample coolers; It is anticipated that this equipment/materials may weigh up to 50 lbs.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.