Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our team.
- Performs analyses for complex hydrogeologic and environmental projects; Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field and contractor supervision, technical knowledge, and project management on environmental investigations and cleanup projects. - drilling, sampling of soil and groundwater
- Assumes full management responsibility and accountability for managing large tasks or projects with review by the project manager (if not the incumbent) or appropriate more senior-level technical professional; develops project strategy and scope, perhaps in conjunction with more senior personnel; develops realistic budget and is accountable for them; provides review of project deliverables
- Manages and communicates results, budget and schedule information to the client, project manager and appropriate operations management
- Represents Wood interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm’s administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed
- Understands, applies and oversees safety requirements in the field
- Expected to join at least one professional association
- Encouraged to prepare technical papers for external publications, and to make presentations to professional or client groups
- Responsible for the identification of new clients and/or developing additional work within an existing project or with an existing client
- May supervise field activities
- May have direct staff management responsibilities, including performance management, career development and mentoring
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Current Licensed Geologist and/or Hydrogeologist in Washington state
- BA, BS, or MS in geology, hydrogeology or environmental engineering, or related disciplines
- 5-12+ years of experience is required
- Experience in writing proposals, preparing budgets and reports
- Must pass 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training and annual refresher course, if required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.