Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society’s energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- To provide Geo-Information expertise and support to Upstream oil and gas activities in Shell Brazil in developing and maintaining Geo-Information services for existing and new customers and to lead the planning, execution, evaluation and continuous improvement of new Geo-Information projects. Ensuring corporate Geo-Information is maintained for the asset base maps and to support all operational activities.
- Provide Geomatics consultancy and advice to customers(Geo-Information Management, mapping, remote sensing, surface and sub-surface data integration, data visualisation and analysis, geological mapping, geodetic advice, map/document management. Supporting the implementation of industry or in-house geo-data models, updating and maintaining spatial databases for Shell Brazil surface and sub-surface assets an projects.
- To be project focal point for Geomatics QC and technical input into business process and controls points in project teams, in the full range of Geomatics services.
- To drive and support fit for purpose implementation of new technology specific to data delivery and services in-line with the Geo-Information strategy and to ensure customer requirements are met and customer risks are managed, with special emphasis on Geo-Information integrity, and ensuring that Shell realizes the full potential and value of its Geo-Information.
- To promote and support deployment of wider Geomatics Technologies and techniques for e.g. satellite radar imagery, mobile mapping, asset tracking, AUS technologies, GI tools and spatial analysis and geo analytics techniques that increasingly help a widening range of customers to meet their targets and manage their risks.
- Responsible for the quality of Shell spatial data, maps and co-ordinates, in compliance with global Manage Geomatics process and other Shell Group standards plus statutory requirements across disciplines
- Provide Geo-Information Technical support and expertise on Emergency Response / Common Operating Picture, web mapping and other specialist applications
- Provide local Geomatics interfaces to Houston hub for Geomatics operations and remote sensing projects, in providing user training, support and guidance for specific geo-information management and GIS problems;
- Support the publication of web mapping services and applications.
- Bachelors degree (BSc) or Masters degree (MSc) / Ph.D degree holder in Geodesy / Geomatics or directly-related Geo-Information Science or geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University
- Six (6) to ten (10) years of relevant experiences in Geo-Information, GIS and mapping/cartography, in the Oil and Gas Business.
- Experience in the use of ESRI Desktop, Server GIS applications, SQL, FME, AutoCAD, Python, spatial programming.
- Experience in onshore and/or offshore Geomatics/survey field operations would be preferred and advantageous.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video