Marathon Oil's Eagle Ford Subsurface team is seeking for a Reservoir Engineer. This team is active in development and appraisal activities.- The Company expects activity levels to remain high in upcoming years, providing challenging, varied assignments and opportunities for professional growth.
This position will report to the Subsurface-Supervisor-for the Eagle Ford Surveillance team.- The Surveillance team is part of the greater Eagle Ford Subsurface team. Functions below encompass some of the roles and responsibilities of the Surveillance team.
Essential Functions May Be Responsible For, But Not Limited To:
- Conduct surveillance of all wells in area of responsibility on a weekly basis.- Communicate with Execution counterparts regularly to discuss performance improvements
- Collaborate with Technical Applications & Completions & Technical Studies to design pilots & trials to identify opportunities for well performance enhancement and implement & share learnings across organization
- Collaborate with Execution team to complete all required decline work for CPC & planning forecast updates
- Collaborate on well reviews with Operations and Project Execution for all wells in AOR & document results in standardized format/tool.
- Complete all required decline work for CPC & planning forecast updates
- Complete Base and Reserve DCA & required documentation in a timely fashion
- Complete required documentation for Health Checks/Sanctions/AFEs(COOP/OBO) in a complete and timely fashion (QC)
- Conduct production data analysis to provide feedback to identify best completion and choke management strategies
- Conduct studies to identify and quantify trends in performance.- Feed information back to influence PODs, drilling, completions and manage well flowback and longer term flow strategy. Communicate to Technical Applications.
- Coordinate with Technical Studies on conducting well reviews with Operations for all wells in AOR & document results in standardized format/tool.
- Coordinate with Technical Studies on developing area type curves, decline producing wells and estimate reserves using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop an integrated production to reservoir analysis - Sand face to Separator Bottleneck Analysis
- Develop area type curves, decline producing wells and estimate reserves using appropriate tools and techniques
- Develop bench marking/competitor surveillance leveraging DI Analytics
- Provide support for recommendations on acquisitions and various development scenarios
- Provide support to Technical Application in identifying non-routine data acquisition requirements (DFIT, Production Logs, etc.)
Education & Experience
- BS in Engineering (Petroleum Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience including at least-5 years as a reservoir engineer
- Experience with-development of unconventional-reservoirs (Eagle Ford Shale Preferred)
- Exposure to field operations and production activities
- Experience in project level technical and economic evaluations
- Experience with Spotfire and statistical analysis evaluating multiple variables
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be a self-starter interested in working in a team-oriented environment and making recommendations to the team to help deliver a high quality, comprehensive work product
- Must have a solid technical background (decline curve analysis, volumetrics, pressure/rate transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc) and developed understanding of geology
- Must be a competent user of ARIES
- Must have excellent presentation, communication and technical writing skills
- Must be very flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and team needs and meet established deadlines
- Must be very comfortable making technical recommendations and post appraising results
- Software: Spotfire, ARIES, Kappa, IHS Harmony
- Reservoir modeling/simulation knowledge beneficial
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.