Skills: Well Servicing & Testing, Fracturing, Laborer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Training Manager is responsible for developing and implementing employee development programs that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the pressure pumping crews. The Training Manager will also perform quality control inspections to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, and policies working together with the Training Specialist and operations.
This position will report into the District Manager and will take direction from the Division Learning Manager.
- Executes training for the Service Supervisor Development Training Program (SSDP), the Service Supervisor Candidate Program (SSCP), and other programs
- Executes training for all phases of the Equipment Operator Development Program (EODP) and other programs
- Coordinates with the Training Specialist and the District management team to develop and implement a training schedule
- Executes individual field evaluations for all phases of EODP performance and compliance
- Coordinate with Training Specialist and district management team to develop and execute schedule for the training programs and individual field evaluations
- Consolidates district, individual field evaluation reports, and identify performance trends
- Maintains quality service by conducting quarterly field operations compliance audits focused on company standards, procedures and policies
- Creates monthly reports for the regional operations management team with both district, and individual performance trends
- Conducts quarterly review of the operational management system documents, and all training material to ensure equipment operator development and supervisor development programs are in aligned with the most up to date material
- Maintains rapport with safety department to ensure operations training in aligned with the most update to date safety standards, procedures and policies
- Maintains rapport with the district management teams, and provide operations assistance when needed
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
- Strong coaching skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and sustain strategic relationships
- Ability to manage records and interpret data
- Above average presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively train others
- Working knowledge of pressure pumping operations
- Extensive experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting pressure pumping units and ancillary equipment
- Superior problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Willing to work outside of normal office hours
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years' experience in the oil and gas industry with pressure pumping as an integral part of the business
- 2 years' experience operating, maintaining and troubleshooting pressure pumping equipment
- 5 years' experience in the oil and gas industry operating pressure pumping equipment
- 1 year experience as a service supervisor, field engineer, district engineer or field supervisor
- 1 year experience as a trainer, or instructor
This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The candidate must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays. Variable work hours include regular after-hours and possible weekend commitments. Possible travel to job sites as needed.
Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.’s subsidiaries provide onshore contract drilling and pressure pumping services to exploration and production companies in North America. These subsidiaries include Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc., Universal Well Services, Inc., and Patterson-UTI Management Services, LLC.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.