Skills: Design Engineer, Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: TBD upon experience
Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, agriculture, pharmaceutical and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston, Texas, Grand Prairie, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Grand Prairie, TX location, focuses on Engineering and Project Management in oil & gas industry. We do detail engineering for Midstream companies on Pipelines, Pumps, Compressor & Meter Stations, Tank Farms, Gas Plants, and Dehydration Units.
Job Title: Senior Structural Designer
- Coordinate project civil/structural activities including in house and vendor information with process, piping, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
- Perform layout studies and assisting lead Civil/Structural engineer in developing MTOs, schedule for deliverables and scope of work.
- Independently develop CAD drawings from sketches with minimal supervision for concrete, steel.
- Perform field related work, collect design information, verify designs for tie-ins and any other on-site assistance during startup or construction support.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience a must providing civil/structural drawings using AutoCad, preferably CADWorx as a main software.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in AutoCad 2D drafting & 3D modeling - CADWorx 2014 and later is preferred.
- Detailing structural platform for Petro-Chemical and Oil-Gas civil structural industry is a plus.
- Must have concrete foundation experience.
- Ability to create accurate civil/structural construction document and specification.
- Civil/Structural side - Must have experience with concrete details for piping, equipment foundation and structural drawings.
- Structural drawings for platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as presentation skill.
- Ability to perform limited field surveying using level, total station and tapes, desirable not mandatory.
- Must be willing to work in both civil & structural disciplines per the project needs without hesitation.
- Must be able to accept short term business trips with short notice.
- Familiar with 3D modeling AutoCAD XREF a must.
- Must have positive attitude.
- Must have the ability to work overtime as needed.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.