Skills: Geophysicist, Geoscience Technician
Other Skills: Hydrography,WinFrog,Caris,Hypack,Discover,SonarWiz,Hydrographer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ventura, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
This position is responsible for conducting Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys, in accordance with project requirements and company procedures under direction of a Lead Hydrographer or Project Manager.
Roles And Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as part of a survey team or as an individual surveyor, depending on project requirements.
· Configure and operate data acquisition and data processing software, including but not limited to: WinFrog, Caris, Hypack, Discover, SonarWiz, and POSPac.
· Configure and operate data acquisition and data processing hardware, including but not limited to GNSS navigation systems, single and multibeam echosounder systems, side scan sonar, subbottom profilers, seismic sound sources, analog and digital streamers, motion sensors, USBL systems, PCs, velocimeters, tide gauges, and winches.
· Monitor data quality during acquisition and processing efforts and keep the Lead Hydrographer or Project Manager advised of any issues requiring additional assistance.
· Responsible for logs and record keeping, including the Daily Progress Report, for submittal to the Project Manager each day during field operations.
· Use common sense and logical thought to overcome problems and equipment fault finding.
· Keep the Lead Hydrographer (or Project Manager in the absence of a Lead Hydrographer) informed of progress or problems
· Responsible for survey specific calibrations including but not limited to single and multibeam echosounders, motion reference units and gyros, utilizing FMGI procedures, client requirements and/or best practice.
· Assist with or plan project operations for the safest approach with maximum efficiency utilizing given assets.
· Liaise with client representative in the field, if applicable.
· Ensure operations performed are carried out in a safe manner consistent with Fugro policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor of Science in Marine Science (Hydrography) or related field. Or 3-5 years experience conducting geophysical and hydrographic surveys, including some multibeam experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to spot irregularities and data quality issues during the data acquisition process.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.