Job Title: 3D Visualization Software Engineer/Architect
Location: Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC), Menlo Park, CA, USA
The 3D Visualization Software Engineer/Architect is responsible for the design, development and support of rich interactive graphics and data visualizations. Working closely with visual designers, High Performance Computing experts, and Big Data engineers at STIC, the newest part of the software technology organization. The candidate will have close collaboration with major players in the Silicon Valley network, and will help drive the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation. The position reports to a Project Manager.
Successful 3D Visualization Software Engineers have experience with high-performance graphics (being proficient in GPGPU concepts and graphics architectures), physics engines, and 3D game environments. They are skilled in application development, software architecture and design. In addition, they can deliver appealing and easy to use user interfaces. Working on a wide variety of tasks they use emerging technologies and combine technical skills with design sensibilities. With excellent time-management, and communication skills they are able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with designers, developers, domain experts and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- May mentor others regarding technical matters.
- Builds prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing.
- Sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Contributes to design standards and supports design re-use.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, product managers, and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users’ experience.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering preferred with specialization in Computer Graphics.
- Minimum five years relevant experience in visualization or computer graphics.
- Proficiency in: OpenGL, WebGL, 3D/2D graphics, C++, software architecture, object oriented programming, software design and Unix.
- Immediate availability is an advantage.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Interpersonal communication
- Oral and written communication
- Team player respected by peers
- Leadership in applying and mentoring best practices
The Schlumberger Visualization software engineer will work at Schlumberger Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC) at Menlo Park, California. Schlumberger STIC is the newest facility of Schlumberger, located in the Silicon Valley, working in close collaboration with major players in the Valley network. The STIC offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries.
STIC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.