Skills: Document Control, HR - General, IT - SAP / ERP, PR / Corporate Communications, Project Management, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection, Project Controls
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: TBD upon experience
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston, Texas, Grand Prairie, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Baton Rouge office, provides full service Engineering, Project Management and Construction support for Midstream clients in the oil & gas industry.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
This is an entry to mid-level position within the Project Management Group. Under direction, the person performs duties and tasks as assigned ty supervision. Must be able to work independently and communicate effectively with all levels of management, clients and staff.
Essential Job Duties and Functions:
- Works under the immediate supervision of a Project Manager or Project Engineer (PM/PE)
- Specific duties to be delegated by the PM/PE may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtain complete and accurate Discipline Status Reports from the Engineering/Design leads on the project.
- Obtain project schedule updates from the Engineering/Design leads on their respective activities and deliverables.
- Coordinate timely resolution of Action Items and be responsible for updating the Action item Log.
- Assemble project meeting packages and transmit to Clerical/Document Control for reproduction and distribution.
- Coordinate with Clerical/Document Control and the PM/PE for timely distribution of Project Meeting Notes.
- Assist the PM/PE and the Engineering/Design leads with project man-loading forecasts.
- Monitor Engineering/Design discipline compliance with QA/QC procedures.
- Assist with identifying fulfilling project documentation requirements and project close-out
- No relocation assistance available.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- This position has three (3) levels:
- Project Coordinator I - 0 to 3 years experience
- Project Coordinator II - 4 to 6 years experience
- Project Coordinator III - 7 plus years experience
- High School diploma or GED. Technical training or college helpful.
- Basic knowledge of various PC software packages (MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Adobe, Microsoft Project).
- Problem Solving: Must be able to understand and interpret technical material. Must be able to identify problems quickly, and be able to propose possible solutions.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational skills. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must pay close attention to details follow high standards for accuracy and completeness, and accept constructive criticism from coworkers.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client Contact: Minimal direct client contact.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands of this position are similar to those of other office positions. These include: Extended use of computer workstations, including LCD monitors, keyboards, and mouse, prolonged sitting.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.