Skills: Geologist, Geophysicist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Marathon Oil is seeking a geology focused Growth Manager to join the Company-s Permian Asset, as a key member of the asset leadership team.- This position will act as the focal point for geology driven growth opportunities across the asset, partnering with subsurface, land, -and business development.- The ideal candidate will possess asset level knowledge in U.S. onshore unconventional plays, preferably in the Permian, and will have meaningful experience in managing asset level acquisition and disposition (-A&D-) processes along with strong technical skills in geology, petrophysics or geophysics.-
- Supervise and coordinate the activities, of a growth focused team comprised of engineers, geologists, and commercial experts
- Stay abreast of, manage, and deliver new exploration play(s) within the asset geography, working with land and business development teams to add key acreage where feasible
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in pursuing new commercial opportunities and strategies which generate value
- Provide commercial, technical, and project management support for Business Development-led asset acquisition and disposition related activities including: scoping, evaluation, internal processes, negotiation, interim period and transition activities, post˜losing activities.
- Interface with Business Development and other Corporate corporate evaluation groups on strategic portfolio decisions and issues.
- Facilitate engineering and economic evaluations of potential property acquisitions and dispositions, and make recommendations for corporate review.
- The candidate should have a Master's degree in Geology or Geophysics
- Proficiency in Landmark Applications (Seisworks, Geographix, etc.), ArcGIS; Microsoft Office; Experience with risk analysis tools & techniques and onshore databases (IHS, DrillingInfo) is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience including U.S. resource development
- Permian geologic expertise (conventional and/or unconventional)
- Extensive knowledge of unconventional play development in any basin (Permian preferred)
- Ability to lead through influence outside of function, as well as providing strong direct leadership for team
- Commercial orientation and demonstrated ability to navigate complex negotiations and influence to achieve desired business outcomes.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.