Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The successful candidate will be charged with leading a team of Safety Professionals, Advisors and Technicians to provide safety support and leadership for the Permian Asset Team to implement safety programs in the field. The candidate will engage with operations personnel from all aspects (drilling, completions, construction and production) of the Permian Asset Team and HES professionals to educate and promote awareness of safety issues applicable to field operations. The Safety Supervisor must be able to effectively interact with operations to communicate compliance issues, identify solutions and maintain Marathon Oil-s reputation as a Safe, Clean and Responsible operator.-
This position will report to the HES Manager in Houston, TX and will be responsible for providing safety support in the development of the Permian Assets. The successful candidate will be located in the Carlsbad, NM office.
- Provide hands-on, visible HES leadership and support to Marathon Oil-s Permian operations.
- Lead and further develop a team of Safety Professionals, Advisors and Technicians.
- Conduct safety leadership engagements with contractor management and workers.
- Play an active role in the development, implementation and continual improvement of Marathon Oil-s HES policies, procedures and guidelines; provide fit for purpose asset team level procedures to ensure compliance. Work with internal stakeholders to develop and implement.
- Be well versed in variety of safety issues and help guide these programs in the Permian.
- Review incident reports and make necessary notifications to the Permian Asset Team and/or regulatory agencies. Also responsible for participating on HES audits/Risk Assessments.
- Assist site management with completion and submittal of all required safety reporting to agencies and external parties. Act as liaison between site management and regulatory agency officials.
- Provide oversight on specialty vendors performing safety tasks on operating sites. Work with HES Manager to budget and plan for costs associated with safety compliance and performance.
- Assess HES process, identify gaps and coach for improvement.
- Manage HES priorities for an active, diverse team.
- Travel throughout Permian region as needed. Potential travel to Houston, TX, and other Marathon locations on a periodic basis.
Education: Bachelor-s Degree required.
Experience: 5+ years with experience in HES and a general knowledge of upstream oil and gas operations. Permian/New Mexico experience preferred with knowledge.
Communication:- Excellent oral and written communications, teamwork, planning & organizational skills.-
Computer:Proficiency with the Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access, etc.; Adobe Acrobat
Travel:20% travel to local fields
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.