Texas, United States
Texas, United States
Skills: Marine Engineering, Port Operations, Ships Engineer
Other Skills: Must hold MMC of Chief Engineer*
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
OSL Concrete, Inc.™ is the first ready-mix concrete (RMC) production and delivery company that is entirely marine based. Our projects are located along coastal or inland waterways in North America and Canada. OSL's patented technology delivers RMC directly from a ship advancing the land-based construction industry by increasing efficiencies and altering the economics on how projects are delivered.
Chief Engineer Position Summary
The Chief Engineer is responsible for operating and maintaining the engine room and other mechanical systems and equipment aboard the vessel to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the vessel. This includes budgeting, organizing, implementing and scheduling of the ship maintenance, ensuring that ships are maintained in a safe manner and in compliance with all ABS Class, USCG, federal, state, and local laws. This role works closely with the Port Engineer to maintain the seaworthiness of the vessel, the safety of the crew, the protection of the environment, as well as administrating operational and maintenance paperwork and cost controls.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Operating and maintaining the engine room and other mechanical systems and equipment aboard the vessel to ensure a safe and efficient operation of the vessel.
• Maintain the seaworthiness of the vessel, the safety of the crew, the protection of the environment, as well as administrating operational and maintenance paperwork and cost controls.
• Responsible for the supervision of all engine department activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the OSL Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation.
• Provides crew supervision of the engine department and training of its employees.
• Identify risks and independently develop mitigation plans.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Chief Engineer assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
Skills & Abilities
• Extensive experience with Regulatory, Class, USCG requirements and periodic dry docking, inspections and retrofit of vessels
• Highly collaborative and functions effectively as part of a team
• Computer proficient in MS Excel, MS Project, Power Point, Word, data entry programs for PM schedules
• Comfortable in a high-paced dynamic environment
• Adaptable to new processes and programs
• Strong written, verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
• Experience estimating complex projects with multiple variables
• Experience in management and leadership
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Analytical thinker with strong math/accounting skills
• Deep understanding of the marine industry
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
Education, License and/or Experience Required*
• Bachelor of Science, in Marine Engineering preferred, however, a minimum of 7+ years marine engineering experience may be considered in lieu of same.
• Minimum 7 years of marine industry experience required as 1st A/E, C/E or port engineer
• Active USCG license as Chief Engineer unlimited horsepower - motor vessels, all certifications for STCW compliance, TWIC, valid DL, US Passport (Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship).*
• Experience with latest generation Offshore Supply Vessels (OSV's) is required*
Work Environment/Job Conditions
This job is performed onboard vessels. Activities and responsibilities require lifting of heavy equipment, ascending and descending stairs, working below decks with technical equipment, and performing emergency duties as required. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of required abilities.
EEO Statement: OSL Concrete, Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.