Skills: Civil Engineering, Engineering Manager, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Part Time Salaried Employee
Location: Svobodny, Amur Oblast, Russia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Construction Manager, CSM
Reference: PIR 397105150
Date of issue: 22/05/219
Project Amur Gas Processing Plant (AGPP)
Reports to: Site Manager
Job Location: Svobodny, Russia
Job type/Contract: Temporary. Starts June 2018.
Hours/rotation: Rotation of 62 days on site and 15 days off (+ 3 paid travel days)
Salary range: Competitive salary package with benefits
• Single status;
• Full board and accommodation on site;
• Travel to home country in economy class.
Job summary/Role description
The project concerns the EPC for the utilities, infrastructures and off-sites facilities of a greenfield plant for the treatment of Natural Gas, located in East Russia.
The Construction Manager (CSM) coordinates and manages site construction activities, including management of Subcontractors' activities, via the Discipline Superintendents. CSM, in conjunction with the Planning function, develops and updates detailed Construction schedules, optimizing activity sequencing and focussing on coordination between disciplines. CSM deputises for the Site Manager when required.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure the implementation of the HSE management system at site with reference to their area of operation and champion and participate in HSE initiatives.
• Organize and lead, along with the relevant AST and Superintendent/Supervisors, weekly meetings with the discipline Subcontractors;
• Participate in periodic construction meetings with the Client;
• Promote Field revisions of the detailed Construction Schedule;
• Verify congruity of the works with technical specification;
• Align material delivery schedule in order to coordinate construction activities and optimize the construction schedule;
• With the collaboration of the Site Control Manager and Planning function, prepare detailed schedules and define priorities;
• Monitor progress and to develop recovery plans to mitigate delays;
• Co-ordinate all site activities , and in particular interfaces between Disciplines, with the aim of mitigating activity conflicts;
• Assist and co-operate with the Superintendents in the day-to-day management of subcontracts, in defining and approving extra-works and in the execution of changes during the works;
• Regularly monitor Subcontractors' performance and take action as necessary
• Together with the Commissioning Manager, to ensure congruence between the completion of Construction and Plant Pre-commissioning;
• Collaborate with the Contract Engineer in preparing changes and claims;
• Prepare his own section of routine work progress reports;
• Regularly monitor discipline quality in liaison with the Quality Engineer (QAE);
Knowledge & Qualifications
• Suitable University Degree.
· Significant civil experience in industrial construction of Large/XL Gas processing plants;
· Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as Construction Manager/ Multidisciplinary activities;
· Similar role covered at least in last three projects, of comparable size.
• Previous work experience in Russia
Skills and Abilities
• Fluent English;
• Excellent IT and analytical skills;
• Excellent communications, team-oriented and interpersonal skills;
• Attention to details;
• Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this role.
The knowledge of Russian at working level would be advantageous.
The information submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.