Minot, ND, US
Minot, ND, US
Skills: Well Control, Well Servicing & Testing, Production Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Hourly, OT after 40
Location: Minot, ND, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
A Sr. Well Test Operator (Operator III) is responsible for ensuring collection and reporting of well data is completed on an hourly basis and has an advanced ability to understand and interpret the data, look for signs of well variance and address issues as needed. This individual has complete knowledge of all test and production equipment's functionality and is to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions when needs arise. Operator III's lead and delegate work to Trainees and operator I & II's. Individual will also perform ongoing dump of sand from separators as well as pulling sand filter screens for cleaning when needed. This individual works under minimal supervision and escalates matters to supervisor or management if unable to resolve. Serves as Safety Lead as well as being the Person in Charge of incident reporting on site.
* Full understanding of separator functionality and how to operate it, including but not limited to adjusting fluid levels.
* Able to adjust back pressure regulators
* Skilled at changing orifice plates using a senior daniel.
* Capable of collecting and sampling well fluid for checking chloride and oil API gravity.
* Thorough knowledge of well opening sequence procedure to bring a well online.
* Able to repair all trim and seats on dump valves and back pressure regulators.
* Capable of trouble shooting measurement equipment.
* Full understanding of Well shut-in procedures.
* Complete understanding of purpose and urgency of re-directing flow to a flare if needed due to overpressure.
* In depth understanding of the flow path from the well head to the separation equipment.
* Capable of independently performing filter operation.
* Detailed knowledge of pumps, valves, rigging mechanisms, pressure testing, etc.
* Complete competency in collection, interpretation and reporting of well data.
* Full understanding of how to and when to equalize flow back tanks.
* Able to judge fluid rates and trucking disposal track times.
* Able to create and execute an evacuation plan.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals.