Lafayette, LA, US
Lafayette, LA, US
Skills: Geophysicist, ROV Ops / Tech
Other Skills: AUV, mechanical survey, Geophysical, seismic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Operates, assists and helps to maintain Geophysical / AUV equipment. Assuring data quality falls within compliance for project.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Assists in mobilization of Geophysical /AUV and all sub-systems on vessels.
Supervised in performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Geophysical / AUV electronic, electrical and mechanical systems.
Supervised in the operation of various Geophysical and AUV equipment.
- Communicates with the Senior Geophysical Supervisor, as well as the on-board TC or Party Chief regarding all operational and technical issues, as required.
- Writes "Equipment Technical Logs", on failed equipment and submits to their supervisor for review and submission to the tech shop.
- Follows all written instructions and work procedures.
- Suggests improvements in procedures, from observing or learned experience, to their immediate supervisor.
Learning to lead and / or assist to mobilize and demobilize various vessels for survey projects. Willingness to help the PC or TC in making choices on installing deck / lab equipment.
- Adhering to and promoting HSE policies.
- Drives a company vehicle, as needed, to provide support to field operations.
Assists in performing special projects as assigned.
Initiative (self-starter) Ability to operate Geophysical/AUV equipment with some supervision.
Analytical and problem-solving skills utilizing diagnostic tools and schematics.
Ability to take direction from senior technical staff, when required.
Ability to recognize when there is a problem with the data or equipment, and either correct it or contact your immediate supervisor for advice & assistance.
Able to meet deadlines.
Able to work while under stress.
Ability to meet necessary requirements to work in local and or international offshore environment.
2 year degree in a Technical or Survey discipline is preferred but not mandatory.
2 years' experience with geophysical AUV / seismic and mechanical survey data acquisition systems; i.e., AUV operations, Sidescan Sonar, Subbottom Profilers, Seismic, Multibeam Echo Sounders and their associated winches and hardware. Must have a general understanding of Computer Systems, hardware and software, and hydraulics
Fugro offers a full benefits package:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with generous match, life insurance, short and long term disability, and other voluntary benefit options!
***Your application will be removed from consideration if some or all of the application screening questions are not answered.***
Fugro (USA) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) summarizes the federal laws prohibiting job discrimination in a poster that can be viewed here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.