Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking to fill an Intermediate Asphalt Concrete Testing Technologist position to support the materials testing laboratory services in the Saskatoon office. This position will involve laboratory and field assignments, travel, and providing support on a variety of projects.
- Coordinate and conduct asphalt Marshall mix designs for hot mix asphalt
- Oversee collection and testing of asphalt concrete samples
- Conduct Marshall analysis tests and interpret results in accordance with ASTM and project specifications
- Monitor on-site asphalt placement as required in compliance with approved mandate, plans and specifications
- Prepare laboratory and site reports summarizing activities/observations and other office tasks as required
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field projects
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Provide excellent customer service with a commitment to technical excellence
- Train and supervise junior staff
- Interact with client and Company representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.)
- Comply with all Company safety policies
- Other responsibilities may include collecting and testing of soils, concrete, aggregates and other construction materials and provide quality control and quality assurance testing on a variety of laboratory and field projects
- Travel and work at highway and construction sites within Saskatchewan
Skills / Qualifications
- Candidates will have 5+ years of progressive materials testing experience with a strong emphasis on asphalt concrete sampling and testing, but applicants with less experience will be considered
- Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent and be eligible for membership with
- Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Knowledge of various testing processes for asphalt, concrete and construction materials as contained in specifications such as CSA, ASTM, AASHTO and Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation as required
- Proficient with Excel and have a working knowledge of Word
- Excellent knowledge of workplace health and safety practices and a commitment to working safely
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an interest in personal and technical advancement
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to act as part of a team or independently when required
- Ability to work various shifts and to work flexible hours depending upon construction schedules
- Willingness to travel and work at construction sites throughout Saskatchewan
- CCIL certification for field and laboratory concrete testing will be considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.