Skills: Accounting, Asset Management, Financial Analyst
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Florence, Kentucky, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Florence, Kentucky for a Management Accountant. The Management Accountant will part of the Finance team and be responsible for timely preparation of accurate financial accounts for our Florence Manufacturing Product Centre.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Balance sheet account review and reconciliation and preparation of associated BS notes.
- P&L variance analysis including review of detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Subsystem control including client receivables collections and DSO reporting, fixed assets, payroll and inventory.
- Participation to physical count (inventory, fixed assets) and reconciliation with sub-ledger.
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Control over systems posting and reporting.
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
- Assist in the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies
- Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- 3 years of professional experience in large accounting firm or Multinational company
- Advanced knowledge in MS-Office and Oracle application would be a plus
- Expert level English written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and Team player
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to acquire knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices. Oil & Gas Industry exposure
- Ability to work in global distributed setting, previous international exposure
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.