Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Fredericton, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is hiring a GIS Specialist/Analyst to join our dynamic Multi-Disciplined Team in Fredericton, NB. You will work under the guidance of Engineers, Archaeologists and Biologists on projects that will include aspects of civil, geotechnical, mining and environmental engineering. The qualified candidate should be self-motivated and able to work on moderately complex multi-disciplined engineering projects.
Looking to expand your career horizons as a member of one of the world’s leading environmental engineering and consulting firms in New Brunswick? This is an exciting opportunity for a GIS Specialist to service our public and private sector clients across Canada.
- Work closely with various professional disciplines, geophysical & GPS data collection teams and Project Managers to prepare drawing packages, report figures, design concepts, technical specifications and calculations
- Trimble GPS (mapping grade) Data uploading/downloading, preparation and post-processing (additionally Trimble GPS Data Dictionary creation would be an asset
- Download, post-process Ricoh GPS Camera Photos;
- Data analysis of various LiDAR formats, DEM/DSM creation and modeling;
- Generation of mapping products;
- Geodatabase design, maintenance and reporting;
- GIS documentation, metadata creation and reporting;
- Create and Implement QA/QC procedures and standards for data storage, in the office and in the field; and
- Improve current processes and contribute to the continued growth of GIS services within Wood.
- Coordination with other team members and other units in related operations
- Assure quality and delivery of products
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree or equivalent technical diploma and experience in a related discipline
- 2 to 5 years experience in GIS and Geodatabase technologies
- Experience with the following programs: ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (standard or advanced, including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extension), ESRI ArcGIS Pro, Trimble Pathfinder Office, Terra Sync GPS data collection software, Adobe Acrobat, GeoJot + Core (or any equivalent GPS Camera post-processing software
- Work within a standardized means of operation for GIS/CAD users allowing for file sharing between members of design team and partners
- Familiarity with Enterprise Servers
- Excellent understanding of coordinate systems, projections and datums
- Familiarity with GPS technology and field data collection techniques
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Highly motivated, conscientious and detail-oriented individual
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work well under short timelines and able to efficiently prioritize tasks in a high volume, multiple project environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.