Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gurugram, Haryana, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- The Credit organisation covers four main activities Credit Analysis, Debt Collection, Debt Recovery and Cash Allocation. The role is responsible for the management of staff who are involved in these activities, and to actively support their Learning and Development.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective management of credit risk according to policy and direction from credit committees.
- Responsible for providing authorised approval for release of credit blocked orders and taking credit decisions.
- Responsible for supporting credit activities in the country/business by providing local and global Credit Management Information.
- Play an important role in balancing the company's risk with rewards as well as influencing customer's satisfaction through the services provided.
- Actively support the Sales organization on all Credit related matters, and provide support to the Regional/Global Business Credit Manager.
- Active participation in the virtual cluster & regional credit teams. Ensure effective and efficient operational management striving for operational excellence.
- Responsible for facilitating Credit sessions with LoB sales teams.
Specific to Credit Manager
- Build and lead the One Credit team in India and ensure all Credit staff are appropriately trained, developed and aware of their accountabilities & responsibilities.
- Ensure that all CoBs are supported with professional, timely and consistent Credit services. Promote, drive and reward operational excellence at all relevant levels of the organization.
- Management of credit risk within the defined area of responsibility in line with the Shell India OCM (Operational Credit Manual)
- To ensure that fit-for-purpose controls are in place and credit control activity is carried out in compliance with group guidelines: OCM/MoA/FCM/Debitex
- Prepare and support Credit Forum and Committee meetings. Ensure focal points are nominated and made available to support the Regional/Global Business managers and Central team in the global initiatives.
- Conduct Credit visits to customers as required.
- Manage issues that have been escalated where the allocated resolution owner of a customer complaint is unable to provide a resolution.
- Provide interpretation of Downstream Credit Manual and guide the businesses on the principles of sound credit management.
- Keep up-to-date on issues within the businesses by having close relationships with the sales managers and actively acquiring information from industry sources.
- Responsible for Audit co-ordination and business control reviews.
- This role may require strategic thought processes to be able to design and implement cross-border credit strategies, and contribute/manage high profile projects, which involve delivering presentations to very senior internal/external stakeholders.
- With credit process a significant part of OTC, IN Credit Manager has to play an active role in helping the OTC improving the efficiency, operations excellence and customers satisfaction.
Currently the India Credit Manager is ultimately responsible for managing risks (3rd party accounts receivables) of around US$30 m, from annual sales proceeds around US$700 m. There are about 2,600 customers in India, majority of which are in Lubricants. In term of resources, India Credit team comprises 3 staff in Delhi and supported by around 10 staff in FO-Chennai.
India is classified as Ultra plus market for lubricants and Retail business and various efforts are under way to grow the businesses there. The India Credit Manager needs to provide input and supports for this ambitious growth objective
India is huge country, and complex. Understanding of credit term, and discipline are generally low, making it difficult to control our working capital and yet supporting businesses to grow. A more innovative and practical financing solution to help Shell manage credit risk, working capital, and support business to grow profitable volume aggressively will require excellent knowledge of the market, competitors and local banking infrastructure.
This is a high profile role in the Credit organisation with exposure to senior Finance /Business leaders and third party customers. The role requires strong levels of leadership, and involves maximising commercial opportunities where credit can play a part in delivering strong profits whilst taking acceptable credit risks. This will require creating very good working relationships with the local Sales Teams. Have the ability to meet with customers to discuss a range of issues, which can cover high risk, cashflow, and growth potential and still maintain a solid relationship wherever possible. The ability to negotiate effectively is a key requirement. Managing Credit activities in highly volatile situations and must be adaptable and have an excellent understanding of risk, and how external conditions can affect Shell.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Skills & Requirements
- Qualified Accountant, Economics or Business Administration degree or equivalent.
- At least 6-8 years experience in Credit/ Finance. Prior experience in credit operations would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with effective collaboration across departments/functions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong leadership in pushing for performance and growth
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to represent Shell confidently and sensitively in customer contact situations
- Able to make decisions under significant time pressure
- Very strong commercial mindset
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video