Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general supervision, responsible for defining requirements, functional specifications and testing documentation for engineering software applications, which varies in scope and complexity. Ensures that the Technical Software Development process is followed on the development project. Works with others to improve the process. Designs, codes, tests, troubleshoots, and documents engineering software applications. Works as part of a project team or as a leader of a defined section of a major project. Develops project plans, functional specifications and schedules. Assists in determining product needs and enhancements. Typical project assignments will have moderately broad impact. The primary target will be the next release of the software, although some projects may have architectural implications beyond the next release.
- Bachelor-s degree in Math, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent technical professional work experience required.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile ALM development methodologies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in build/release engineering and configuration management experience on Windows platforms.- Linux experience is- a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience with TFS Build controller/agent set up and configuration, Jenkins server configuration and build set up
- Ability to create build solutions- .NET Framework including packaging and signing assemblies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience writing complex MSI based installations with installer tools: InstallShield, Wix.
- Experience with package management and tools such as Nuget and Artifactory
- Experience with managing VM Ware virtual environments and Azure cloud deployments.-
- Working knowledge and experience managing multiple release pipelines with TFS release management.--
- Must have PowerShell scripting experience and Bash / Perl scripting and the use of build scripts
- Proficiency with TFVC, and GIT source code control tools.- Thorough understanding of branching, merging, and labeling best practices.
- Administer, configure, manage, and implement changes to the TFS platform to support DevOPS and Enhancement software lifecycles.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Docker and Kubernetes experience.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Job Family:-Support Services-
Product Service Line:-Information Technology--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.