Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~Amega West Services is a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation based in Houston, Texas. Amega West is a leading manufacturer of high-precision complex components for measurement while drilling (MWD) and logging while drilling (LWD), drill collars, stabilizers and other down-hole tools that have been used for directional oil and gas drilling. Carpenter acquired Amega West in December 2010 to provide a more integrated value-added supply chain to oil and gas customers. This growing business operates within the corporation's Performance Engineered Products division and maintains strategically located facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
SIGN ON BONUS
· Perform proper set-up and operation of highly technical welding equipment.
· Perform production welds using proven/qualified processes.
· Perform appropriate preventative and corrective maintenance of welding equipment.
· Maintain safe operation of all welding and shop equipment.
· Acquire and maintain any appropriate operator qualifications.
· Identify and report non-conforming products to supervision.
· Assist in R&D, special projects, and process improvements.
· Perform other duties as directed by management personnel.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· 2 years of welding experience in Oil & Gas industry a plus
· Prefer experience welding Non-Magnetic Stainless Steels.
· Prefer experience with automatic welding equipment.
· Must demonstrate capability to perform preventive and corrective maintenance of welding equipment.
· Must demonstrate ability to problem solve and troubleshoot equipment to produce quality product.
· Must demonstrate capability to set-up and operate multiple types of welding processes to include MIG/TIG/STICK.
· Ability to work overtime - including weekends and holidays as needed.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.