Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Financial Controller is responsible for the overall financial management and coordination of the subsidiary company, DonNan Pump and Supply Co., Inc.
He/She reports directly to the DonNan General Manager and functionally to Product Line Controller.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures overall financial management and the integrity of financial statements
- Provides financial decision support to the Management Group
- Responsible for overall coordination of Business Product Line strategy
- Reviews significant contracts and tenders with impact to North America operations
- Supports business acquisition, joint venture set up or partnership
- Responsible for resourcing, promotion and development of finance professional personnel
- Review capital projects related to the business group
- Prepare annual plans for the business
- Review and approve required financial reporting for the business
Qualifications and Experience:
- Finance or Accounting Degree, MBA a plus
- CPA preferred
- Background in manufacturing preferred
- Competencies to be kept current:
- Minimum 7+ years in a financial role and last few as a Controller
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Problem Solving: Advanced project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, good decision-making skills, and ability to manage contracts (commercial, risk and reporting).
Leadership: Functions independently and in a team, project management skills, outsourcing management skills, mentoring skills, set/ accomplish objectives, and responsible for location's costs, methods and personnel.
Communication: Advanced oral/ written communication skills, customer services oriented, negotiate effectively with customers, contractors and competitors, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior management advising on area of responsibility.
Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.