Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The Production Enhancement division encompasses all of Halliburton-s Hydraulic Fracturing and Wellbore Stimulation efforts. Halliburton pioneered hydraulic fracturing technology and revolutionized the oil and gas industry when we executed the first hydraulic fracturing procedure in 1947. Since then, we have remained the industry leader in providing fracturing and stimulation services all over the world. The Applied Sciences R&D team is where it all starts. From technology and process improvement to new product development, this team is the heart of Halliburton-s largest Product Service Line and the very foundation of Halliburton-s position as the industry leader and principal innovator in well stimulation products and services.
As a data engineer on the Applied Sciences R&D team, you will be working with a diverse global team of data scientists, chemists, engineers, and business leaders addressing some of the most challenging problems in Oil and Gas. We are looking for creative, dynamic, passionate, and driven individuals who have the ability to effectively communicate and influence the business through data-driven decisions and investments. This is a high visibility position and the candidate is expected to frequently interact with upper management to formulate and steer digital strategy.
As a data engineer, you will:
- Build robust data pipelines and models on cloud technologies
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis; process unstructured data and optimize for consumption
- Develop data set processes for data discovery, modeling, mining and archival
- Extract and process big data at scale using shell scripting, querying, calling rest APIs, etc.
- Perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data
- Maintain and monitor cloud performance and provide solutions for effective parallel computing on cloud
- Collaborate with data scientists, architects, modelers and IT team members to build new analysis tools and metrics
- Minimum of a Bachelor-s degree with 3 years of direct experience
- 3+ years of experience in big data analytics, management, consulting or comparable role
- Experience writing complex stored procedure and ad-hoc queries with SQL
- Expert level proficiency with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive/Pig, MapReduce, HDFS
- Strong knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL server, Postgres SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Expertise in developing ETL/Data Pipeline solutions
- Experience working with large and complex data sets
- Strong scripting ability in bash and/or Python
- Experience with Java, Scala, R and/or Python
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to all levels of senior management
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with data privacy concerns
- Experience with stream processing (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization software applications (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of data science practices for effective support to Data Scientists for its data centric needs
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
- Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Data Engineer Principal, Data Engineer Advisor or Data Engineer Sr. Advisor.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Product Service Line:-Production Enhancement--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.