El Segundo, California, United States
El Segundo, California, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Process Engineer (Multiple Unit Technologies) located in El Segundo , CA California /United States.
Chevron is seeking Senior Process Engineers to work in the El Segundo Refinery Process Engineering Division. Chevron is committed to maintaining a high level of technical expertise in the downstream organization to maintain an industry leading position in safe, reliable and profitable operation of its refineries.
Chevron is seeking Senior Process Engineers to work in the El Segundo Refinery Process Engineering Division. Chevron is committed to maintaining a high level of technical expertise in the downstream organization to maintain an industry leading position in safe, reliable and profitable operation of its refineries. This position is relied upon for technical expertise to support day-to-day operations, process optimization, process safety improvements and evaluations. This position will report to the technical organization. It is required that the individual have demonstrated expertise in Crude and Vacuum Distillation, Hydroprocessing/Hydrocracking, Relief Systems, or Reforming. Experience in other processes is beneficial (e.g. Alkylation, Hydrogen Manufacturing, and/or Amine/Sour Water)
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Provide local process engineering expertise for assigned unit technology and other units as assigned. Support requires answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process
troubleshooting, and developing process procedures.
• Participate in unit optimization teams to work on short and long term process improvement opportunities.
• Develop procedures and support for commissioning of new and existing facilities.
• Facilitate agreements on operating philosophies and control strategies on plant units.
• Network with other subject matter experts in other facilities to leverage shared expertise.
• Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability and economics.
• Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
• Provide engineering support for capital project development and construction.
• Develop design basis and front-end engineering for minor and major capital projects. Examples include long term capital project vision planning, conceptual project development, technology selection, and detailed engineering.
• Act as mentor/resource for facility process and control engineers.
• Influence and improve work processes for a global technical system.
• Flexible to respond to Refinery and capital project support needs as priorities change with specific business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
• A minimum of 6 years of process engineering experience in the refining industry. At least 5 years' experience in an operating oil refinery.
• Proven expertise in one or more unit technologies such as Crude and Vacuum Distillation, Hydroprocessing, Relief or Reforming.
• Completed at least one assignment in area of expertise (typically 18 to 24 mos. in duration)
• Interest in continued technical development
• Demonstrated practical application of the CHE fundamentals of mass transfer/distillation, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and kinetics (as applicable for technology of interest)
• Experience participating in studies such as PHA, IPR/ROI, LOPA, AOA, etc.
• Recognized as possessing strong communication skills, technically competent, being proactive and delivering results.
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Work with little to no supervision
• Influence the decision of a team through dialogue and presentation of data
• Reach consensus when necessary to achieve a larger goal
• Meet deadlines for critical efforts/initiatives
• Handle multiple activities simultaneously
• Lead a team or initiative such as Lean Sigma, IOW/CPV, URB, Reliability/Profit Improvement projects
• Troubleshoot large/complex unit operational issues
• Supported at least one (1) major turnaround - familiar with all phases of turnaround planning and execution (IMPACT)
• A minimum of 10 years of process engineering experience in the oil refining industry.
• Supervisory experience such as a Lead PE or as a Shift Supervisor.
• Operations Assistant, Oils Planning, and or PSM/Reliability Experience
• SME on at least one PHA
• Regular CSOC certification
• Lean Sigma Green Belt certified
• Multiple site experience supporting major turnarounds and/or capital project execution (not requiring relocation)
• Supported at least one turnaround in technology of interest
• Process design experience particularly in technology of interest
• Proficient in the use of process simulation software and unit modelling
• Experience leading or participating in an incident investigation using TapRooT or WhyTree methodologies
• Familiar with PE roles for CPMS driven projects
• Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters
• Expat assignments will not be considered.
• Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.