Skills: Maintenance Technician
Other Skills: Basic operational knowledge of forklift and materials handling equipment
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Big Lake, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Assist in preparing and loading jobs in addition to cleaning, inspecting, and refurbishing equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate crane and/or forklift to load and unload jobs under supervision.
- Clean, service, and refurbish equipment as required by supervisor.
- Assembly and disassembly of tools under supervision relative to services provided per location.
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated area by hand, forklift, or other under supervision.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins as required under supervision.
- Open crates, and other containers, using hand tools under supervision.
- Verify quantities and count independently as required under supervision.
- Prepare shipments as required under supervision.
- Accept incoming shipments under supervision.
- Required to be available on a 24 hours call basis as needed.
- Learn fundamental maintenance and process procedures for applicable products and equipment.
- Complete training plan as set out in the position within company guidelines.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level and within time constraints as required.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Basic Computer Skills
- Physically capable of completing required tasks
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Able to lift 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 25 lbs. or more.
- Good Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Individual must be able to follow instructions
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Possess knowledge of workshop tools utilized by facility
- Basic operational knowledge of forklift and materials handling equipment
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS:
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.