Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Construction Coordinator Scheduler to lead and coordinate the effort to develop detailed schedules and progress information for EPC projects to ensure performance to the project master schedule. Functions as a technical specialist formatting and developing advanced planning and scheduling concepts.
- Leads and directs the work of a group of project planner/schedulers. Responsible for all scheduling and progress reporting on the project (internal and external)
- Monitors and analyzes project schedule and progress reports; Notifies management of any items in the schedule that require attention prior to issuance to the client
- Works with cost control in providing productivity analysis and progress measurement
- Assists with determining and implementing planning and scheduling procedures and methods
- May coordinate with purchasing, cost control, engineering and construction
- Mentors and trains other schedulers within the organization
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Management, Business Administration or similar is preferred
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in a planning/scheduling role
- Knowledge of complex concepts, practices and procedures within the project scheduling field
- Solid understanding of internal economic factors affecting assignment areas (costs, margins, profit impact of decisions) and external factors affecting the business
- Proficiency with CPM scheduling software and techniques, particularly Primavera P6
- Ability to use experience and judgment to independently analyze facts or transactions to resolve problems and to determine action to be taken within the limits of standard practice
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for inter-departmental and external company interaction
- Ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions
- Experience in project coordination and/or project scheduling
- Demonstrates solid understanding of policies and procedures that apply to assignments and demonstrates the ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures
- Experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contracts administration and construction management support is an asset
- Demonstrates exceptional persuasion, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in a team based environment
- Demonstrates good report writing and effective presentation skills; Demonstrates exceptional organization and project planning skills
- Shows evidence of ability to guide and mentor others
- PC skills including proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, relational database
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted)
Under normal conditions this person will spend 100% of their time in an office environment. There are, however, certain instances where site trips or assignments will be required.
While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.