Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of North America’s power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has exciting opportunities for an Intermediate Protection & Control Engineer. Reporting to the Manager, Electrical Transmission & Distribution, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Designing protection, control and metering systems for electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV
- Developing protection one-lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, panel layouts and IED settings for power system protective relaying and metering systems
- Preparing and reviewing drawing lists, engineering documents, specifications, and inspection and testing plans/procedures
- Writing and planning project scope(s), staging plans, test plans, proposals, estimates, schedules, and budgets
- Reviewing design documentation with the Owner’s Engineer to ensure the design satisfies the project’s requirements
- Reviewing of vendor documents against specifications
- Preparing material take offs for all protection and control equipment, as well as ordering materials through the procurement group
- Performing factory inspections of protection and control equipment
- Coordinating construction and commissioning activities with utility clients and subcontractors
- Responding to information requests from construction sites and completing project documentation, including as-builts, calculations and returning data to clients
- Traveling to site and liaising with internal groups, external contractors and clients
- Enhancing and maintaining relationships with internal groups as well as external contractors and clients
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university along with a Professional Engineering designation or the ability to register as a professional with APEGBC
- Minimum 4 years of protection, control and metering experience in a Transmission and Distribution Utility or EPC organization designing substations
- Prior experience in leading protection and control design on high voltage utility substation or transmission projects is considered as asset
- Proven working experience of relay setting and coordination using ASPEN as well as SEL and GE relay protection systems is considered an asset
- Proven field experience with outage planning, construction sequencing and commissioning is considered an asset
- Familiarity with utility P & C maintenance and operational practices is considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.