New Iberia, LA, US
New Iberia, LA, US
Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Petroleum Engineering, Well Servicing & Testing
Other Skills: Microsoft Office, Time Management, Problem Solving
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New Iberia, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Minerals Technologies Inc. is a $1.6 billion minerals-based company with 3,600 employees and global reach through operations in 35 countries. MTI is a leader in minerals-based technology, and the world leader in precipitated calcium carbonate and bentonite. MTI's growth strategies include expanding its technologies geographically, developing and launching innovative new products worldwide, and acquisitions. Are you ready to launch your career with us?
CETCO® Energy Services (CES) segment offers a range of patented technologies, products and services for off-shore filtration and well testing in oil and gas production throughout the world. The business unit is the leading provider of offshore water treatment in the United States and Brazil, using its key technologies to remove oil, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, toxic materials and other contaminants.
CES currently has an opening for a Well Test Field Engineer Trainee located in New Iberia, LA. Develop your knowledge and business practices through CETCO engineering training program. Support field crew as assigned role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of engineer training program over 24 month period.
- Support Data Acquisition Cell leader on day to day operations.
- Complete process improvement projects.
- Manage career progression while developing time management skills.
- Execute well test operations in the field reporting to job leader.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and enforce GOM Well Test Division reporting guidelines.
- Expand well testing and industry knowledge through training, work experience, and self-studies.
- Promote safety, service quality, and unity between all CETCO Divisions.
- Also to include duties as directed by manager per business need.
- Actively participates in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The requirements listed in the sections that follow are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (primary duties) of the job.
Education: Bachelors of Engineering or Science Degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Time management, oratorical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead and/or follow achieving company objectives
- Organization skills/logistical skills.
- Good communication skills.
Travel: Position requires domestic travel. International travel is on a voluntary basis only.
Working Conditions: Offshore/Onshore Industrial Sites; while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly conducting work in a shop and offshore environment. On a regular basis, there may be exposure to plant areas, onshore job sites, and offshore job sites which include exposure to outside weather conditions as well as loud noise from equipment and dust from production processes.
Work Hours: Floating 21 Days On/ 7 Days Off Schedule
Safety Equipment: PPE as applicable (Provided by CETCO Energy Services)
Safety Training Required: As published by CETCO Energy Service HSE for Field Personnel