Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Title: Midstream Project Manager
Location: Houston, TX
The Midstream Project Manager will develop the foundational comprehensive midstream strategy in support of the Permian Asset Team to ensure the most cost effective and efficient methods are employed in the movement of all fluids/products (oil/gas/NGL/water) to and from the wellsite, with an eye toward accelerating value generation and protecting margin. Additionally, the role will be responsible for insuring that the appropriate processes and procedures are in place for the reconciliation of production volumes/revenue. The position will develop and coordinate the implementation of the asset’s midstream strategy, by engaging and guiding various impacted stakeholders within the asset and across the company.
The successful candidate will take a comprehensive approach, collaborating effectively with stakeholders across the enterprise including: land, marketing, water management, planning, completions, and operations. To be successful in this high activity development area, the candidate must be highly motivated and possess exceptional organizational skills. Candidates should have strong communication skills and the ability to facilitate both business and technical discussions.
- Stay up to date on competitive intelligence relative to our peer group and relevant midstream players
- Create and manage all project management elements; provide regular updates/project status reports to stakeholders and asset management
- Identify and evaluate commercial alternatives to typical midstream strategies
- Develop an external network, identifying potential commercial opportunities and securing information on market trends and developments
- Delivering on project schedule by securing sufficient manpower and resources. Identifies critical path items, anticipates lost progress and initiates schedule recovery plan as needed
- Works closely with SME’s to insure final proposal conforms to all internal and external requirements (regulatory, commercial, HES, design standards, joint interest agreements, etc)
- Implements and monitors the processes and procedures necessary to reconcile production volumes against revenue, insuring appropriate payment is received for products produced
Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Proficiency with project management applications would be a plus
Organizational skills, Collaboration, Teamwork, Problem solving, Interpersonal skills, and Results Driven
7+ years of experience in onshore field operations with an engineering, midstream, commercial, or project management focus preferred
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether-you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you-need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.