- Determine the optimum choice of components (batteries, PCS, EMS and control systems) to meet and comply with project goals
- Use modeling and estimation software such as PVsyst, Python or MATLAB to create production estimates including assumptions for losses due to equipment, electrical losses, temperature and loading.
- Convert specifications and modeling output based on site constraints and topo into an initial layout using AutoCAD
- Use internal tools and industry standards to optimize size of batteries across different use cases.
- Design projects compliant with applicable internal and external codes and standards
- Review internal and external engineering reports prepared by project managers and external OEs
- Support internal commercial and business development teams to prepare technical docs for RFPs.
- Prepare performance reports of new and operational projects for utility scale, stand alone or solar plus storage projects.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of applicable project engineering, construction and performance issues.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related.
- Must have at least five (5+) years of hands-on experience or equivalent in the energy markets, ESS (Energy storage Systems) and/or renewable project development is required.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time, and must be able to work efficiently and productively in remote locations.
- Must have experience working with several technical consultants, owners engineers (OE) and independent engineers (IE) within energy storage industry.
- Strong written and communication skills, being able to present ideas within technical and non-technical sectors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video