The Cloud Software Engineer (CSE) is responsible for design and development of cloud infrastructures. The successful candidate will have experience in programming public clouds such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS, public infrastructures and digital certificates, as well experience in industrial control systems and their security implications.
The Cloud Software Engineer reports to the Software Project Manager or Engineering Manager.
Successful CSEs are adaptable and are able to work independently and as part of a team. They are able to work under pressure and enjoy fast-paced and rapidly changing environments. Displaying excellent communication and interpersonal skills, CSEs apply leadership in developing best practices, and are effective analysts, able to solve problems and identify root causes.
CSEs have a variety of competencies including: PKI and digital certificate experience; PaaS for storage, compute and applications; hypervisors technologies; user, security and identity management, Hadoop ecosystems, OpenStack technology. They are adept at project and quality management.
- Assists in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Develops and executes unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations
- Adheres to all standards of confidentiality and security
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technologies; participates in professional development and networking activities as appropriate
- Maintains familiarity with company technology, organization and business. Understands and provides technical solutions according to the company strategy
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations
- May participate in the relevant technical reviews and audits of the projects.
- May review, mentor and coach, while defining and promoting usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent industrial experiences) in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Three years of relevant industry experience.
The Schlumberger Software Technology organization is responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.