Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Business Development, Sales, Asset Integrity Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for driving sales leads to the petroleum, chemicals, and non- oil & gas asset integrity services industry. Initial focus will be the North of England, specifically Teesside, Humberside, Lancashire and Cumbria, however area of focus will expand throughout the UK with time.
The sales representative will support the UK Asset Integrity Management Team and Local Branch Managers to maintain sales interfaces, develop new leads, and efficiently support new and existing clients. The role will support delivery of Asset Integrity Management sales targets through networking and presentation of Company's capabilities.
The role will interface with internal stakeholders alongside the Company's external clients and therefore the representative must be a proficient communicator. The representative is expected to liaise with the broader business development function from other regions and stay appraised of business unit Business Development activities and guidelines.
Serve existing and new customers by selling Asset Integrity Management services with an emphasis on sales volume and customer growth including:
- Leads sales activities by implementing sales and related business strategies
- Develops and executes a plan to align the sales funnel with organizational goals and targets.
- Sell, promote and communicate Oceaneering Asset Integrity Management services to current and potential new clients
- Develop and deliver sales presentations to key clients and prospects
- Enhance market position by planning delivery of solutions, answering technical questions and creating/adjusting content of marketing material based on VOC and other market factors
- Lead responses to tenders and development of service proposals
- Become acquainted with global subject matter experts in Advanced NDT, In-Service Inspection & Integrity Management
- Track sales opportunities keeping management informed through activity reports and regular meetings
- Maintain market knowledge by establishing networks, reviewing publications and monitoring competition.
Develop strong relationships with Key Clients and Potential Clients operating within the Oil & Gas, renewables and other industries to promote the services of the Company. Including but not limited to:
- Use existing contacts to locate the decision makers at key companies and build relationships
- Develop new contacts when there are none available
- Influence key decision makers and drive tactical sales
- Development of marketing materials in conjunction with Business Development and corporate marketing team
- Represent Oceaneering Asset Integrity at trade shows, professional meetings, and industry forums
- Setup and attend demonstrations to educate Potential Clients and existing Customers to drive new sales
- Work to understand client requirements and feed these back for potential new service offerings and/or cross service offerings
- Provide feedback on client satisfaction with our services
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- College/University education in sales and marketing or business administration and an engineering technical field.
- Previous experience selling engineering/inspection services
- Proven success in winning asset integrity and inspection services in the Downstream, Midstream, and Upstream Energy market sectors and non-oil & gas sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to generate good contracts and effectively utilize persuasive sales methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Working knowledge of the integrity management industry
- Applying industry specific sales and technical concepts
- High level of communication skills; verbal and written
- Willing to work the schedules required to close business
- Develop and implement sales and related business strategies
- Uses intuition and experience to complement market data
- Develop and strengthen relationships with customers and contacts
- Minimum IT skills; Email, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Safety and Integrity
- Strives to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment
- Operates in accordance with Company business conduct policies
- Is honest, fair and trustworthy in all activities and relationships
- Adheres to the highest standards of business ethics
- Encourages others to raise concerns
Vision and Leadership
- Creates clear, simple reality-based customer-focused strategy and goals
- Builds trust and commitment though candid communication
- Energizes and excites others; Is passionate about The Business and The Company
- Strong focus on winning
- Has passion to exceed customer expectations
- Makes and meets commitments
- Accepts responsibility and to be held accountable
- Has a passion for excellence and a focus on execution
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures
Teamwork and Respect
- Promotes teamwork. Open to new ideas
- Participates openly and constructively without alienating others
- Has a global perspective and breaks through "turf" issues
- Collaborative, works for the good of the team
- Seeks out best practices and puts them to use
- Treats others with respect
- Builds positive work relationships and shares knowledge and encourages the development of others
- Drives standardization and simplification
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.