Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Corporation (Company) Internal Audit group is looking for an internal auditor. This group is responsible for performing operational audits, regulatory compliance reviews, anti-corruption compliance audits and vendor audits. The candidate must be knowledgeable of audit standards (i.e., International Professional Practices Framework) and experienced in assessing processes and controls, as well as providing timely completion and reporting of assigned audit work.Audits generally cover areas of significant risk or complexity. The auditor has the potential to be exposed to all components of the Company and its management. The auditor gains an understanding of the operations, assesses the internal controls and performs tests to ensure the controls are working as intended. The auditor meets with the auditees to discuss concerns and works with the auditees in developing corrective action plans to improve controls. Auditors can work individually or in teams and will lead audits, as well as serve in a staff position on audit teams. Continuing education is emphasized and selected training is provided to supplement individual professional development. The ideal candidate must be proactive and engaging with an ability to work independently in completion of audits and issuing of audit reports.
- Ability to assess an organization and identify risk areas and controls intended to mitigate those risks.
- Planning and executing audit assignments, including development of audit procedures to verify that controls are effective and, if warranted, works with auditees to identify solutions to control deficiencies.
- Communicates audit progress and any issues to auditees throughout the engagement. The auditor is expected to effectively conduct entrance and exit meetings, communicate findings throughout the engagement, obtain auditee concurrence and responses to corrective actions, and prepare audit reports.
- Develops and maintains professional skillsets necessary to proactively perform within audit standards and methodologies and to appropriately interact with auditees and peers.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Takes an active role in the Internal Audit Organization's effort to promote internal controls and controls awareness throughout the Company.
- Use, and actively promote the use of, data analytics.
- The position requires domestic and international travel approximately 5-10% of the time.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 3 years of experience in audit
- Degree in Accounting or Management Information Systems
- Certifications/Licenses CPA or CIA
- Upstream oil and gas experience
- Experience with auditing tools such as TeamMate
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Finance and Accounting || || 25781 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.