Odessa, TX, US
Odessa, TX, US
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position offers a great opportunity for a bright, hard-working, well-qualified self-starter who can function at a very high level in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment. This position reports functionally to the VP of Well Services and strategically to the Director of HSE. The HSE Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong safety culture, and maintaining compliance with all relevant health, safety, and environmental, and DOT regulations. The HSE Manager regularly interacts with operational managers towards the successful integration of safety into their daily operations with the goal of protecting our employees and continuously improving. The job requires a dynamic, "roll up the sleeves" candidate willing to tackle any and all relevant and appropriate tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Director of HSE by providing key input in program development and implementation
- Builds relationships with operations/maintenance/human resources to implement/monitor/adjust programs to ensure compliance.
- Provides leadership to business units to continuously advance the culture of safety throughout the company.
- Recommends measures to management to help protect workers from potential hazardous work methods and processes.
- Implements, monitors and manages safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Recommends safety equipment, programs and procedures
- Inspect and evaluate work place environments, equipment and practices to ensure compliance with Brigade safety standards and government regulations.
- Ensures compliance with DOT, OSHA, and other environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Support and participate in the company's behavior-based safety program.
- Responds to incidents and facilitates root cause analysis of them and high-potential near miss events. Identify corrective action, if necessary, and determine preventive measures.
- Maintain inspection reports, field audits, incident and accident records and other applicable documentation in accordance with HSE policy.
- Provides support for operations safety meetings.
- Manages workers compensation claims by coordinating with the employee, his/her supervisor, human resources, corporate safety, and the insurance carrier. Assists in ensuring documentation is complete and managing employee claims including doctors' visits, ER, and follow-up care.
- Assists operation management in all aspects of DOT training, compliance and reporting to ensure full compliance.
- Implements and conducts safety training and re-training for new hires and re-hires.
- Ensures safety meetings and committees are happening on a regular basis and are on task.
- Coordinates and manages any required safety training through third parties.
- Participates in client required meetings, training, investigations and evaluations.
- Maintains ISN and related registries for appropriate customers.
- Prepares safety statistics and other reports for the VP of Well Services and Director of HSE as required.
- Travels to district offices and well sites.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree, specialization in occupational health and safety preferred
- 5 years of safety management experience in the energy services industry, preferably in well servicing/workover and/or drilling
- Expert in OHSA, DOT, federal, state, and local regulations as well as API and other recommended practices
- Training and experience in root cause analysis and track record of implementing effective corrective actions
- Appropriate certifications and licenses
- Self-starter comfortable taking initiative
- Hands on work approach; ready to both prioritize and execute as well as learn new skills
- Strong communication skills
- Spanish language skills strongly preferred