Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
P&ID Consolidator (Draftsperson) is a member of the Design & Drafting team within the Projects & T/A group, responsible for the accurate consolidation of most retention-1 documents (P&ID’s, UFD’s, UPFD’s, etc.) prior to the uploading of these documents into the AIM EDMS Database.Position description
This position shall serve multiple roles in the Design and Drafting group.
Specific accountabilities include the following:
- The accurate consolidation of all P&ID’s and most other OSHA required drawings prior to uploading into AIM EDMS database.
- Validate and update any discrepancies on P&ID’s through field visits and EDMS research.
- Shall be a backup AIM administrator/Focal person.
- Shall assist current Design Specialist with field work and lite piping design of MOC work.
Position description – Dimensions
Individual contributor role, which will have defined functions within the group.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must have a H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred to have Technical schooling in Drafting.
- Shall have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting and the use of AutoCAD.
- Must have a strong knowledge in reading P&ID’s
- Preferred to have knowledge in working with raster CAD.
- Preferred to have knowledge in working with X-Referenced drawings.
- Preferred to have experience using CADworx 3D Modeling.
- Preferred to have some knowledge reading Laser Scans.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video