Pittsburgh, PA, US
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Provide competent and efficient technical service to our blown film customers for polyethylene resin selection, blown film processing and blown film equipment parameters to optimize their blown film equipment.
- Conduct blown film processing trials at the customer’s facilities while working in a safe manner.
- Provide detailed customer call reports of customer blown film trials, customer visits & trade shows.
- Create physical data property data sheets for our blown film polyethylene resins.
- Possess knowledge of competitive blown film resins.
- Possess knowledge of test methods for polyethylene & polyethylene blown film structures.
- Possess knowledge of multilayer blown film structures for packaging applications.
- Utilize the knowledge of the blown film equipment to optimize the performance of our products on the customers blown film equipment.
- Investigate customer complaints & issues using techniques such as Six Sigma methodology to get to the cause of challenging issues.
- Champion customer needs & issues with marketing & manufacturing.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to sales & marketing teams on a regular basis.
- Develop relationships with blown film equipment & accessory suppliers.
- Apprehend the current trends in multilayer film technology and deliver this knowledge to our blown film customers. Stay current with new technology in packaging structures and relate to our customers, thus enabling Shell to provide leadership in blown film technology.
- Develop & provide technical training in blown film processing & polymer science for our customers.
- Maintain a safe work environment by complying with all safety policies and procedures.
- Develop a competency framework for the Technical Service Engineer role that is forming with Shell’s entry into Polyethylene.
- Train and develop Technical Service Engineers both in blown film and “the art” of technical service.
- Mentor and support less experienced Technical Service Engineers in their development.
- Ability to travel, up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in polymer material science, polymer product engineering and/or chemistry/chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in Polyethylene blown film in the area of product application technical service and/or product R&D preferably with a major producer, distributor, or polyethylene converter. Experience needs to be of recent nature.
- Proven expertise in polyethylene blown film technology with required exposure to Unipol polyethylene blown film resins. Must not have any legal restrictions working with Unipol polyethylene technology.
- Strong preference for projects which require trouble shooting customer issues.
- Strong understanding of quality & six sigma.
- Willingness to travel.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video