Our client, PT Freeport Indonesia is seeking a Project Controls/Lead Cost Controller. This position will be a rotational position of 8 weeks on/ 2 weeks off working in Toronto, ON for a term of 2 years. Please note, during the 8 weeks on, the candidate will be required to work some weekends. PT Freeport Indonesia is a natural resource company with an industry leading global portfolio of mineral assets, significant oil and gas resources and a growing production profile. PT Freeport Indonesia operates large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and natural gas. PT Freeport Indonesia has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry.
The roles and responsibilities for this Project Controls/Lead Cost Controller position include, but are not limited to:
- Establish proper cost controls on capital mining project in construction in an on-site cost control lead role, reporting to the Project Controls Manager;
- Establish structured change management processes to ensure proper documentation of all variances and trends approved on the projects;
- Implement, and manage cost control activities on a large capital project including cost reporting, budget control and forecasting;
- Monitor performance and address issues identified by Project Administration & Controls Manager;
- Ensure proper SOX controls exist on all projects and address any deficiencies with the Project Controls Manager.
- Establish and monitor project cost controls reporting to the Project Controls Manager for assigned project;
- Provide oversight of EPCM providers project cost controls systems. This will include the establishment and management of effective change management systems;
- Execute accounting functions on assigned projects including review/processing of invoices, manage and control vendor payments, recovery of overpayments, monitor and manage back charges, preparation and maintenance of financial entries into FMI systems. This will include mentoring administration and cost control team on project to ensure proper processes and procedures are in place;
- Prepare and manage cost control function, including preparation of project forecasts, cash call projections, cost reporting, capturing and reporting costs amalgamating FMI and EPCM systems, and maintaining budget reporting integrated within the change management system. Ensure that proper cost control functions are established on capital project.
To qualify for this position an eligible candidate must possess the following skills/experience:
- High School diploma or GED and (7) years of experience in cost control/accounting management, OR;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Mine Engineering or a degree relevant to the focus of duties and two (2) years of experience in project controls and accounting;
- Experience as the project administration controls lead on a major capital mining project;
- Ability to take a leadership role in the management of a project;
- Thorough understanding of procurement, accounting and cost control systems, including SAP, CAS and ORAS;
- Experience with SKIRE unifier a plus;
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written;
- Strong business ethics;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions;
- Ability to multi-task in the direct management of capital projects and in the monitoring/auditing of other projects;
- Ability and willingness to travel and relocate on a temporary basis as necessary to execute the management of a capital project.
- Experience in heavy industrial construction projects.
What We Offer
Brunel Canada, located at 200 Ronson Drive, suite 320 Toronto ON, M9W 5Z9, successfully provides a variety of practical employment solutions which range from providing temporary staff to complete outsourcing of projects from start to finish. Brunel Canada plays a vital part of the Brunel International Group, with offices in over 34 countries, permitting international recruiting capability. Brunel Canada has branches in Toronto, Calgary and Montreal. Brunel Canada is equipped with specialists in all of these areas and prides itself in making the right match by providing specialized recruitment services for contract positions and permanent jobs.
This will be a two year contract position. A daily inclusive rate between $ 550.00 and $ 650.00 USD shall be extended to the selected candidate. The candidate may also be eligible for salary increase, pursuant to company policy. The successful candidate would be expected to work a minimum of 8 weeks on/ 2 weeks off. A competitive benefits package would be included. This would cover, medical, dental and vision care. This position would be located at the Hatch Office 2800 Speakman Drive Mississauga, ON L5K 2R7 Canada.
Our client is a leader in the cosmetic industry and among the most respected in the world. Build your career as Project Controls / Lead Cost Controller as you participate in some of the most challenging projects.