Skills: Cost Engineer, Project Controls
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Richmond, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Are you a seasoned Cost Engineer looking for a challenging and lucrative opportunity working for a Top 10 Fortune 500 Oil and Gas Company? Brunel Energy is recruiting an experienced Project Control Analyst specialized in FEL, PPP or FEED projects, to work for our exclusive client, one of the world's most lucrative Oil and Gas Corporation. Send me your Resume today!
Summary of Duties:
The Cost Engineering Analyst will provide support at the project level, as well as the program level, to implement control system and re-instrumentation projects.
Specific Roles/Responsibilities include:
Monitor cost & schedule at project and program levels.
- Maintain WBS and CBS structures;
- Track costs and commitments;
- Monitor and review Earned Value reporting;
- Administer Cost Engineering impacted management of change, including budget transfers, contingency drawdown and trend logs;
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes;
- Process change orders from contractors;
- Work with Procurement, Estimating & Project Management to estimate changes and resolve claims.
Provide support to the Program
- Provide input to the Project Controls Plan and its elements;
- Work with Finance to ensure established accounting processes, systems, and procedures are followed;
- Participate in project reviews, risk assessments and assurance activities;
- Support business planning processes and reporting;
- Independently identify and work with interfaces to resolve issues;
- May mentor others.
- Report rollup cash flow and forecast;
- Generate project progress, performance, & forecast reports;
- Misc. reporting as required.
Participates and supports:
- Shares knowledge readily between the Project group, the project team, the refineries, and the engineering contractors;
- Provides input into the Project Execution Plan.
Essential criteria & qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or Business;
- Well-rounded Cost Engineering background in FEL Phases 2, 3 and 4;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Cost Engineering/Project Controls (oil and gas preferred);
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project systems including finance systems (SAP), business planning processes and invoicing (processing, record keeping, auditing);
- Experience with Chevron ARIBA Procurement system and SAP is a plus;
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team within a geographically dispersed complex multi-project environment;
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to work well within a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Ability to travel to other project locations.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- AACE International certification as a Certified Cost Consultant and/or as a Certified Cost Engineer;
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of industry and professional cost engineering and/or Project Services practices, trends, best practices, etc.;
- Consistently considers problems, process improvements, changes, etc. with an enterprise mind-set;
- Anticipates resistance to changes and applies strategies to mitigate.
What We Offer
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 40 offices in 5 continents (Europe, Americas, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second over 8,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multinational Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Contract Hire;
- Full Time;
- Extremely competitive wages and benefit package.
Our client is one of the world's leading integrated Energy companies. This top 10 Fortune 500 Corporation has pioneered everything from upstream exploration and production, midstream transportation, power and trading, to downstream manufacturing and retail.