Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Responsible Care Coordinator
Are you a Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major Petrochemical company, which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic HSE Coordinator. The role will be located in Sarnia, ON.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements project-specific plans to ensure compliance with applicable law and conformance with corporate, regional and project requirements;
- Leads, manages and coordinates a multi-functional RC team that provides technical expertise to our Project Management and Construction leadership teams;
- Assesses risk and prioritizes control strategies with Project leadership to implement plans that ensure the protection of people, the environment and equipment;
- Supports and contributes to a wide range of initiatives in coordination with Operations, Engineering, Purchasing, Legal, Communications, Health Services and other groups;
- Coordinates and supports Corporate, PMO, Project and Contractor audits and investigations as part of learning and improvement processes;
- Represents the Project as a Company RC ambassador to Contractors, Worker Trades Representatives and Joint Health and Safety Committees;
- Assists in responding to government and community inquiries as required and provides information through approved processes to demonstrate alignment with law and regulatory permit conditions;
- Monitors and reports RC performance through the use of balanced scorecards that include leading and trailing indicators of performance;
- Benchmarks RC project systems against regional best practice, company- wide project initiatives, and other companies involved with international large scale construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural or Applied Sciences (or equivalent) with 10+ years of practical experience, or 2 year technical school diploma with typically 10+ years of related practical experience;
- Professional or technical trade designation is preferred;
- Previous experience supporting large capital project leadership teams in a live petrochemical plant is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams is required;
- General understanding of public policy and law related to RC including occupational safety, environmental protection, industrial hygiene, process safety, emergency response, and sustainability;
- Ability to interpret technical documentation and apply general knowledge of RC principles;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as demonstrated with previous teams or employers;
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external audiences, with the ability to take initiative to build positive relationships;
- Self-motivated, focused on results, with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others;
- Ability to adapt to new situations and challenges and embrace change and new ideas.
What We Offer:
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
Our client is a well-respected Canadian based polyethylene technology company who takes pride in developing high quality and high performing resins. Their mission is to be a leader in innovation that enables their customer to deliver plastic products that make everyday life easier, healthier and safer.