Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Windows Server Design Analyst 1 located in Houston, TX through February 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Infrastructure Operations Service (IOS) Application Hosting Team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery and support of the compute, storage and network infrastructure required to host Chevron’s global business applications. Infrastructure is located in both IOS-maintained Data Centers and in Data Centers owned and operated by other Business Units around the world.
The Application Hosting Service teams are responsible for global operation of the Service - which includes 24x7 support of a server base of over 8,000 servers (Linux/Windows) - including creation, deployment and maintenance of standards and procedures. The application landscape includes numerous business applications, including Mission Critical and global ERP systems.
Applications are hosted on both Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix Operating System (OS) platforms.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, test, and deploy packaged software solutions to Enterprise IT Infrastructure
- Design and deploy a lifecycle upgrade procedure for an Enterprise application hosting platform (ex. Citrix XenApp, VMware VSphere, etc.)
- Research, validate, and publish technical standards and controls for an IT technology, system, or process
- Identify and pursue automation and streamlining opportunities for a server OS task, process, or tool
- Provide Level3 sustaining support for software and services that are deployed to the Chevron business units
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related courses
- At least 5 years of experience in server infrastructure management technologies (web technology, networking, security, remote access)
- At least 3 years of Level 2 (or above) troubleshooting and service restoration experience for all technologies supported by
- Application Hosting, in a large scale server environment (1000+ nodes).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows server 2016/2012/2008R2/2008 OS , standalone, clustered, virtual and physical configurations.
- Working Experience with OS Scripting (e.g. PowerShell, ksh, perl, etc).
- Working knowledge of System management tools such as Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, or other Windows based diagnostic utilities.
- Experience with Windows Server image creation, server build processes, virtual template management and OS release quality assurance knowledge
- Advanced Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 operating systems administration knowledge
- Windows Server application integration and migration knowledge
- Configuration Management/Patching Tools (e.g Microsoft SCCM, CFEngine, Ansible).
- System administration and developer scripting capabilities (PowerShell, ksh and PERL)
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston