The Product Line Sales Representative - Thomas Tools promotes the sale of company products and services to specific accounts that operate in the assigned sales territory. He/She demonstrates success in maintaining and building a trustworthy relationship with clients that has been assigned to them and consistently meets the sales goals. The primary duty is to secure revenue for the company through biding work, working with clients on existing work, upcoming projects on both the drilling, workover and completion lines.
Thomas Tools, a Schlumberger company, provides an extensive selection of oilfield rental tools, tubulars, and surface equipment that is safe, reliable, and high-quality. Founded in 1961, the company has grown to become the leading supplier of drilling, completion, and workover rental equipment.
This position is based in Houston, TX and reports to the Product Line Sales Manager.
- Identify, qualify and close sales opportunities; prioritize actions and plan for future sales prospects
- Manage the client relationship database, C4C, by inputting all account opportunities, sales leads, calls, meetings
- The position requires to make at least 20 personal in-office visits a week, and follow up on any opportunities through phone calls and other correspondence
- Assist management in forecasting activities, setting sales goals and plans for assigned accounts
- Participate in the development of the marketing strategy for the product line
- Work with other Schlumberger Product Lines, identify synergy potentials, listen for opportunities, market, and competitive intelligence
- Keep abreast of client plans and problems; work through service quality issues, customer disputes, and assist in the resolution of customer complaints
- Help identify any collection problems or distressed clients, help credit from an operations perspective to collect delinquent invoices.
- Follow the invoice process to minimize payment delays and resolve disputes
- Conduct audits on contracts to ensure compliance and minimize errors
- Manage bids and proposals for assigned accounts per pricing guidelines to optimize account returns
- Attend training courses to develop knowledge of company’s key technologies, as well as competitor practices
- Mentor or coach less experienced Sales Representatives
- Implement and comply with all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Comply with all government, industry and company regulations and standards to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, as well as, reduce environmental impact
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Marketing and Sales, Business or other relevant degree
- 10+ years of relevant industry sales experience required
- Experience in drilling, workover, or completion operations preferred
- A full, clean state driving license will be required and vehicles should comply with company policy. A travel allowance will be paid
- Good interpersonal and sales skills with customers and inside personnel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is a must
- Willingness to travel
- Has initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
- Excellent analytical, administrative, communications and organizational skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more more here.