Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil is seeking a Maintenance Planner / Scheduler. This role will coordinate all maintenance activities and help develop schedules and plans to improve workforce productivity. The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will be the liaison between maintenance, engineering, and operations to ensure all work activities are planned, estimated, and scheduled. This position will also provide leadership and guidance on effective use of the SAP PM
- Commitment to Marathon’s Health, Environment, and Safety culture
- Is responsible for providing optimized maintenance schedules for predictive, preventive, routine, scheduled and emergency maintenance services to production facilities
- Acts as the coordinator for planned activities and is one of the principle contacts between the maintenance, engineering and operations teams.
- Review and improve the maintenance and planning processes to improve efficiency and develop related guidelines, processes, and procedures
- Develop and manage maintenance work orders in SAP PM to ensure work orders are adequate, applicable, populated and used.
- Evaluate and schedule maintenance work utilizing SAP PM and Primavera P6 software.
- Plan and schedule maintenance activities for 3rd party maintenance service providers.
- Act as the subject matter expert for SAP PM to effectively accomplish and document required maintenance in an efficient and organized manner.
- Will be required to understand or baseline the current state in terms of the effectiveness of work order planning and scheduling and cost (materials, resources, time) implications
- Review breakdown maintenance work orders in the SAP PM system and analyze breakdown maintenance trends to identify opportunities for improvement
- Facilitate regularly occurring meetings with maintenance staff and tracks key metrics associated with maintenance, including work order completion rates.
- Associate degree in a technical discipline OR 10 years’ experience in field maintenance
- 5 years of experience in maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Experience with SAP PM
- Must be highly analytical with mechanical, electrical, or technical background
- Bachelor’s Degree
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.