Purpose Of Role
- Technical Support engineer facilitates assets reliability and ensures uptime of the vessels
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
- Provide daily technical support to Tender Assisted Drilling Rigs under his remit
- Assist/lead on technical downtime issues
- Liaise with OEM's as required
- Annual equipment inspection (if OEM is not required)
- Review vendor quotations and costings for major equipment repair. Prepare overhaul work-scope for major equipment to ensure OEM correct and accurate pricings on repairs and overhauls.
- Prepare repair work-scope for capital overhead equipment (5 yearly).
- Monitor COC status on all major capital equipment
- Travel offshore to assist in technical problem solving, repairs & troubleshooting as required
- Assist with technical audit function in relation to maintenance and technical procedures
- Assist with Preventive Maintenance development as required
- Assist with annual budget preparation for Capital Equipment expenditures
- Assist with offshore minor projects and rig modifications
- Assist vessels in follow up to ensure compliance with Technical MOC procedure
- Assist with follow up on onshore equipment repairs as required
- Assist with client related technical issues when required
- Carry out vessel familiarisation visits
- Assist Projects/Newbuilds Engineers when required
- Assist HOD with the design and implementation of troubleshooting guides
- Participate in duty phone roster system for technical issues outside office hours
- Be familiar with all systems, directives and procedures and actively participate in the implementation
- Be familiar with all mechanical systems and controls fleet wide
- Be prepared to travel worldwide at short notice when required
- Lead safety by example for all employees to follow
- Promote safety awareness and safe work practice among all the personnel
- Report all hazards and positively intervene in all observed unsafe acts
- Participate in emergency drills, including post-drill debriefs
- Contribute as applicable on safety-related issues
Qualifications & Certifications
- Trained in Mechanical trade or engineering degree
- Min 10 years' experience with Downtime troubleshooting exposure.
- Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
- Good computer skills
- Familiar with computerised control systems
- Experience on /with Offshore Drilling Rigs and their equipment
- Sound knowledge of rotating equipment
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic controls and systems
- Sound knowledge of API requirements for drilling equipment
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.