Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an I&E Technician A to join our team in Houston/Ingleside, Texas. The successful candidate will be required to undertake and assists in operations by maintaining all electrical and automated equipment including safety systems.
This position will report directly to the manager.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
· Supervises "B" electrical technicians and I&E techs for safe and efficient operations, as well as, assist with technical problems where needed.
· Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor; Maintains good housekeeping at the work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
· Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
· Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software.
· Receives daily instructions, as well as, obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor.
· Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni.
· Adhere to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits.
· Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1-3 years of experience required
Work schedule of 4x3/14x14 with a work terminal out of Houston/Ingleside, Texas
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 145539 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system - applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.