Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Perform the Hydraulic Workover Unit (HWU) engineering activities related to well planning activities offshore Malaysia to include evaluation of the most appropriate design solutions, co- ordination of all associated external studies and preparation of Feasibility Studies, detailed HWU operations design where appropriate.
- Liaise with Petrofac subsurface geological and geophysical personnel to determine the most cost-effective solutions.
- Experience in drilling side-tracks with a HWU would be a distinct advantage
- Conducts technical evaluation of HWU along with company and equipment audit/inspection.
- Reviews of contracting terms pertaining to HWU services and prepares cost estimates for AFE preparation
- Participate in risk assessment activities, including HAZIDs and HAZOPs.
- Contribute to the delivery of industry leading HSE performance on all HWU related operations.
- Delivery of HWU activities in line with set budgets with the aim of being top quartile within peer group.
- All design and procurement activities associated with HWU activities in line with the Well Delivery Process
- Effective and timely cost estimation, control and reporting.
- Close involvement in all supply chain activities in support of the programme.
- Active management of all contractors and sub-contractors associated with the programme.
- Ensure complete data capture of all operations, and effective population of appropriate corporate databases
- Master / Degree in Engineering or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in appropriate Completion Engineering roles, including exposure to operations offshore Malaysia.
- Be able to demonstrate a varied background in completions engineering, including completion design, preferably to also include an understanding of horizontal and multi-lateral well technology, sand control and an understanding of completion metallurgy.
- Have a demonstrable proficiency in English, both in written and verbal forms.
- Computer literate with knowledge of project control systems, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Connect Energy is an established human capital management firm focused on providing our clients with a complete solution to meet their human capital needs and challenges.
Connect Energy has a vast database of qualified global candidates with experience in the oil and gas industry specifically in drilling, rig constructions and offshore operations. Through a comprehensive set of services and solutions that address both hiring strategies and organizational effectiveness, we deliver personnel who deliver performance.