Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Directly responsible to the Project Manager.
- Managing HSE system for the project.
- Liaison with Client and Management on project HSE matters.
- Assist Contractor's Management in developing and implementing their safety plans and advise on the operational safety matters in construction.
- Be a focal point for Company on all safety matters.
- Co-ordinate and conduct inspection/audits of own facilities and activities to ensure safety compliance to local statutory requirements and Client' code of safe practices.
- Liaise with Client on all safety related matters.
- Have an ability to communicate in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Attend regular safety meetings with Client representative.
- Give safety presentation and enhance the Health, Safety and Environmental awareness of Company's employees and sub-contractors.
- Take part in accident investigation and reporting; monitor their follow-up in accordance to Client's guidelines.
- Develop Project HSE documentation / procedures which to be utilized as reference and planning of the HSE execution.
- Ensure Project HSE documentation / procedures are cascaded and complied to by relevant parties.
- Monitor project HSE performance, lesson learnt / key issues compiled from incident analysis and daily project operation.
- Highlight required area of improvement to Management and revert feedback to down line / worksite on the complaint for improvement action.
- Promote HSE awareness and campaign.
- Plan and monitor resources (e.g. budget, manning) for project HSE execution.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Possess recognized Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline or Occupational Safety Health.
- Possess a recognized Safety Professional Master/Degree/Certificate/Diploma from any of the following Institution or equivalent:
- Certificate of Occupational Safety and Health by National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Certified as Safety and Health Officer by DOSH.
- Attended the following recognized safety course relevant:
- Supervisory Safety i.e. Front Line Supervisor
- Accident Investigation Skill i.e. Tripod Beta
- First Aider
- Crane and Lifting Operation
- Scaffolding Inspection
- Authorized Gas Tester
- Permit to Work System
- H2S Basic
- Radiation Protection Officer
- ISO 14001:2004 Lead Assessor
- Basic Offshore Safety Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Train The Trainer
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in engineering, construction, installation & commissioning (EPCIC) oil & gas facilities at onshore and offshore.
- Minimum 8 years as certified Safety and Health Officer.
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
- Communication skill - able to communicate between the levels.
- Analysis skill - able to analyze and make quick decision.
- Leadership skill - able to lead the team in execution of projects.
- Writing skill - able to produce a quality reports and procedures
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.