Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Work as part of a team to develop and deploy entirely new robotic and automation solutions for O&G upstream operations.
- More senior and experienced candidates have an opportunity to lead and grow the team by addressing current challenges and identifying new challenges and projects.
- Research and develop innovative, robust and reliable robotic solutions to novel applications including challenging manipulation, locomotion, perception and inspection tasks.
- Implement, evaluate and extend published algorithms for sensing and control of robotic systems.
- Develop new mechatronic end-effectors designed to solve specific automation tasks and develop control software and algorithms to integrate this technology into a complete robotic solution.
- Characterize and evaluate the performance of developed robotic systems and identify technical limitation and strategies to overcome them.
- Manage the buildup, integration and verification of the system
- Graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a related position. Industry experience is highly desirable.
- Substantial hands-on experience with robotic platforms or automation in an academic, commercial or industrial setting.
- Experience in robot control algorithms and software: motion planning, optimization, force/torque-control, and mechanical system design and prototyping.
- Desire to work as part of a team in a results-oriented R&D environment.
- Familiarity with robotic sensors such as: video cameras, LIDAR, IMU, force-torque, ultrasonic, SLAM
- Experience with motion control system components such as brushless motors, encoders,
- Proficiency in motor, actuators, drive train, and bearings; analysis and application
- Knowledge of frequency and time domain analysis of dynamic systems
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (C++, C, MatLab, Python etc.)
- Working knowledge of analysis & simulation software, i.e MATLAB or MathCAD
Connect Energy is an established human capital management firm focused on providing our clients with a complete solution to meet their human capital needs and challenges.
Connect Energy has a vast database of qualified global candidates with experience in the oil and gas industry specifically in drilling, rig constructions and offshore operations. Through a comprehensive set of services and solutions that address both hiring strategies and organizational effectiveness, we deliver personnel who deliver performance.