Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
With approximately 50,000 talented employees working in nearly 70 countries, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of innovative products and services to the oil and gas industry. Halliburton adds value through the entire lifecycle of a reservoir by offering a broad array of products and services to upstream oil and gas customers worldwide.
As a Senior Software Testing Technical Professional you will work as a DevOps Engineer in a Software Development organization. As part of the Release Management group, you will implement and support CI/CD Pipeline and Build Automation solutions. Working as a member of project SCRUM Teams, you will leverage your strong understanding of Configuration Management tools and principles to develop robust software solutions. Using your knowledge of CI/CD tools and methodologies, your collaboration with Development/Testing will enable the SCRUM teams to effectively deliver high quality software through Delivery Automation. With an in-depth knowledge of Cloud platforms and other virtualization technologies, you will help define, implement and monitor Development and Testing environments, ensuring the Software teams have the tools on hand to effectively Develop and Test the software.
- Act as DevOps Engineer for Software Release Management group
- Represent Release Management as an active member of the SCRUM Team(s)
- Perform Configuration Management, Versioning, Dependency Management activities
- Create/Implement Build solutions for Software projects
- Create end product deployment artifacts
- Script/Automate CI/CD pipeline solutions
- Define, Implement and Monitor Development and Testing environments in Azure
- Define, document and implement DevOps standards, best practices and processes
- Provide Risk Assessment and Mitigation for assigned Products and Projects
- Assure Scrum team is following Release Management strategies and best practices
- Ensure Build Quality is maintained and any build related issues are identified and communicated in a timely fashion
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of DevOps and Configuration Management Practices, Strategies and Techniques
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of TFS, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Team Services
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft vNext build, Git and GitHub
- Is familiar with Microsoft Build, Team Build and/or other configuration management tools
- Has experience using NuGet, Chocolatey and/or other package management tools
- Has experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Can demonstrate strong understanding of Release Management and Pipeline Management concepts
- Has experience with Software versioning and dependency management
- Has experience working with Microsoft technology stacks including .NET, WPF and C++ solutions
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of Software Development and Agile methodologies
- Has Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment
- Has experience writing PowerShell for Azure environments including ARM and DSC scripting
- Has experience with other scripting languages such as Python and/or Ruby
- Is familiar with VMWare, HyperV and/or other virtualization environments
- Is familiar with Docker and/or other Containerization solutions
- Has working knowledge of Chef, Puppet and/or Ansible
- Has experience with Business Process Re-Engineering
- Is familiar with Open Source tools and technologies and has experience scanning software artifacts for standards compliance
- Is detail-oriented
- Can demonstrate good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent Oral/Written Communication skills
- Team Collaboration
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Minimum: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 4 years of related experience or through 8 years of Software Release/Configuration Management and/or Software Development experience
- Desired: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 7 years of related experience or through 11 years of Software Release/Configuration Management and/or Software Development experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 49886
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.